Diane was kind enough to send me this "Kreativ Blogger" award... (And I, too, am curious as to why they spelled "Creative" that way...) Thank you, Diane! I don't know Diane personally, but I have enjoyed getting a little glimpse into her life and artwork through her blog. Be sure to stop by and check it out... she has some wonderful things on there!
Anyway, I am supposed to pass this on to seven other blogs that I like, give you the links, and also tell you seven little facts about myself. So, without further ado.... here we go...
My 7 Nominees (in no particular order):
Kaetlyn (love her little animal series she's doing now...)
Jane (charming little illustrations...)
Nessa Dee (love her collages!)
Gussy (don't you just want one of her CUTE little bags?!?)
Patricia (some lovely collages and other creative ideas...)
Christine (I love her simple backgrounds and soft colors...)
Mônica (who doesn't love cute little animals???)
A side note: whenever I do one of these, I try to nominate people I've not nominated previously - that gives you a chance to see more great blogs, and keeps me from becoming a pest handing these things out... As always, if you are one of my nominees, you should in no way feel obligated to participate or pass this along unless you'd like to! I just admire your work and wanted to share it with my readers!
...and 7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am not very athletic. At all. Which is one reason why I paint, I guess. I do like a good game of racquetball, however.
2. I once played a character's voice on a children's Bible story tape called "Taking the Land" produced by a small company called Shepherd's Tales. Here's the link to the book that went along with the tape. (It's hard to find the tape these days.... gotta do random searches on Amazon and snag them when they come available.) Taking the Land: The Story of Joshua and the Victory of Jerico (Shepherd's Tales Bible Storybook Companions). Anyway, I played a little girl named Hannah who was supposed to be about 6 or 7, I think. I was about 15 at the time. And yes, I do still have something of a little cartoon character's voice. Anyway, I got my first real "paycheck" for it, which was pretty exciting for me... Thus began and ended my career as a child actress. That's probably a good thing, considering how many child actresses end up...
3. I like dipping green beans in applesauce. The green beans have to be warm and the applesauce has to be slighly frosty. Both have to be home-made/grown. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
4. I am allergic to synthetic chemical fragrances. I can't have candles, air fresheners, plug-ins, perfumes, or potpourri in my house, or I wind up with sinus infections and a cough that won't go away. I'm sure you wanted to know that.
5. I started keeping a list of books that I've read throughout my life when I was in junior high or so. I wrote down every book I ever remembered reading at that point, and have written down every book I've read since (excluding text books). I'm currently reading # 530. However, I still don't wear a plastic pocket protector, so maybe there's hope for me yet.
6. I hate dealing with any type of governmental paperwork. But I do it, because, you know, it's the government.
7. I find great satisfaction in cleaning and organizing things, which is why I find the TV show "Monk" so hilarious...
Probably more than you wanted to know... esp. #4. #3 is a tossup. Anyway, thanks for reading.
I'm starting and hopefully finishing a small mural project on Wednesday, so I'll have some pics of that for you soon! Stay tuned....
Thanks again, Diane, for this award! I am truly honored and humbled to know that you enjoy my blog!