Carrie's Busy Nothings for her Friday Thankfulness Series - a great idea, incidentally.This is week #2 of my linking up over at
Basically, we're keeping never-ending lists of all that we have for which to be thankful. (That's the gramatically correct way of saying that, but isn't it SO awkward? I wish they would change that rule about ending sentences with prepositions. It's a big turn-off. Ha! There's my dorky former-English-major joke for the day.) Anyway. Thankfulness is a wonderful exercise. You can read more of my thoughts on that on last week's post.
So, here we go:
I am thankful for:
11. Beautiful, cool, sunny fall days with blue skies, white clouds, fall smells, and riots of color going on in the trees and yards. I love people that set up those corn fodder-in-the-shock thingys (whatever they're called - can you tell I didn't grow up on a farm?) with pumpkins and mums and hay bales. Love 'em.
14. Biblical teachers who aren't afraid to teach/preach the whole council of God. This includes both our personal Bible study leaders as well as a number of pastors whose material is available online, on the radio, in book format, etc. There are some really fantastic Bible teachers out there - shoot me a message if you want a list. Also, check out my "Friends and Inspiration" tab at the top - there are a lot of great pastors/ministries/resources available under the "Other Great Sites" heading.
15. Polartec. I'm addicted. See photo for proof.
16. Paint. Paint. Paint. Brushes. Canvas. Paper. Paint. Palettes. Paint. Easels. Cool paint boxes. Did I mention Paint?
17. A vehicle that runs, is paid for, and gets me where I need to go.
18. Warm fires, and sticking my feet as close to them as possible without setting myself on fire.
19. The fact that Librivox exists. (Librivox is a podcast resource on itunes - volunteers record books that are in the public domain, and they offer them as podcasts for FREE on itunes! Almost all of the classics are on there, and they are constantly adding more. I LOVE it! It's great to be able to listen to great literature while I paint or work on some other project.)
20. Forgiveness. I am thankful that God has forgiven me. I am thankful for people who have extended forgiveness to me when I've needed it. And I'm thankful that, by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I can offer it to others when they need it from me. Lack of forgiveness leads to bitterness. Bitterness is a weed that takes over your soul, poisons your mind and body, and destroys you from the inside out. It also destroys the people that love you. Don't cultivate it. Root that sucker out. There's my little soapbox moment for the day. One of them, at least.
So, what are you thankful for today? Head on over to Carrie's and link up your list! You'll be glad you did - it's a good exercise for the soul.
By the way, don't forget to do your assignment for Monday's "On Assignment." Go HERE for instructions.