a list of gifts,
from the Giver of all good gifts...
Today I thank God...
271. ... for the birth of my new niece, Emma Joy.
272. ... for a safe delivery for my sister-in-law and the baby. The baby will require a surgery in a few months to open up one of the sutures in her skull that fused prematurely. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
273. ... for fresh radishes from my garden.
274. ... for animals dressed in clothes.
275. ... for a kind friend at church who organized a baby shower for my bro-in-law/sis-in-law.
276. ... for a bunch of spring birthdays to celebrate with different family members.
277. ... for the old man I saw at a gas station walking around in a captain's hat just like the one my brother wore every day for about two years when he was a kid, and for the smile and memories the sight brought.
278. ... for snow peas and hummus.
279. ... for a clean house.
280. ... for getting to see some positive results from a discipline.
I hope that today,
wherever you are,
and whatever you're doing,
you're taking a moment
to stop and acknowledge
all of the gifts
that you have been given too.