Today I'm continuing this little exercise of thankfulness:
counting 1000 gifts from the Giver of all good gifts, and writing them down....
because they're everywhere, if you just start looking for them.
Today, I'm thanking God...
291. ... for a fun day at the water park with some good friends.
292. ... for the "golden hour" - that hour or so just before sunset where the light gets golden and the shadows get long - perfect for photography.
|"The Golden Hour" by Beth Stone|
Prints available in my Etsy Shop.
293. ... for the smell of hay fields.
294. ... for a sweet surprise at the end of my walk.
295. ... for the hymn, "Before the Throne of God Above," and for getting to sing it twice yesterday.
296. ... for some beautiful hydrangeas for my kitchen - a surprise from a friend.
297. ... for stories from my Papaw over Sunday dinner.
298. ... for my new favorite healthy "chocolate milkshake" substitute. Here's the recipe:
In my Vitamix, I blend:
- a few carrot sticks
- a few celery sticks
- a handful of kale
- 2/3 scoop of Health Barn brand vanilla egg protein powder (unsweetened - pretty much only contains egg protein and vanilla flavoring).
- 1 heaping teaspoon of each of the following:
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- psyllium fiber powder
- flax or chia seeds
- coconut oil
- stevia to taste (I use about 1/8 teaspoon, but the amount needed varies greatly by brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 7 or 8 generous shakes of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 7-10 ice cubes
- 1 c. unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
299. ... for a good, steady rain last night - so good for my garden.
300. ... for a God Who always provides.
Are you giving thanks too? Link up over at...