Today I'm continuing my list
of 1000 things
with which I've been blessed....
I thank God....
311. ... for lighting bugs. Who else would have come up with little bugs with rear ends that light up??? God is amazing.
312. ... for finally getting to see my husband's life-long dream of getting into the military become a reality. He was commissioned week before last as an officer in the US Navy, and he will be serving as a Navy Physician Assistant once he finishes his program. He's been trying to get into the military for years, but has always been rejected due to a minor heart murmur. They recently changed the regulations regarding his condition, which made this possible. God let it all get worked out when it needed to get worked out..... Yay for opened windows.
313. ... Persistence - people who don't give up on things - whether it's reaching a goal (yay, Josh!), hanging on in tough circumstances or marriages or whatever.... and a God Who doesn't give up on me.
314. ... for comfy shoes.
315. ... and bandaids (for when you don't have #314).
316. ... for a break from school for Josh, and for an opportunity to make a quick trip to the beach with some of his family.
317. ... for three days of sitting by water with a couple of good books.... ahhhh.....
318. ... for the freedom that we enjoy here in the US, and for the people who have made and continue to make that possible - thank you for your service.
319. ... for a chance to celebrate that freedom with friends before Josh heads back to school....
320. ... for the spiritual freedom I have through faith in Jesus Christ.
Happy Independence Day....
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- John 8: 31-36, KJV
Linking up at: