First of all, my apologies for being MIA last week. When Shakespeare said, "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions!" he wasn't kidding. Last week was like that.... It began with a trip to the ER with my Mom on Monday (which is why I had no list last week), and it went downhill from there. I can't go into all the details here, but I'll just say that several people in my family are going through an extremely difficult time right now, and I would appreciate your prayers.
Nevertheless, God is still good, and there are still blessings to be counted, even in the hard times. So here we go....
Today, I am thanking God....
361. ... that my Mom didn't have any serious injuries from her fall, and that bruises heal on their own.
362. ... for good, lifelong friends you can call or write at any time (even if you haven't seen them in years) who you know will be there for you with prayer and encouragement.
363. ... for a sweet little note Josh left on the mirror for me one day last week, when I was pretty down in the dumps about everything going on.
364. ... for the story of the Prodigal Son, and knowing that there's hope, even for people who have to learn the hard way....
365. ... including me, sometimes.
366. ... for a share time in our service that seemed "tailor made" just for me yesterday - exactly what I needed to hear, and only God knew that. Neat.
367. ... that the only thing wrong with my car last week was that it needed a new battery (between our two cars, they have been in the shop probably 4 times in the last two months).
368. ... for a husband who dealt with my dead battery for me.
369. ... for Dairy Queen mint Oreo blizzards.
370. ... for 7 years with my furry little ball of sunshine. Happy birthday, Harvey. :o)