I will continue posting throughout the week so you can see the progress. I hope you're having fun watching it take shape! I certainly am....
This week my husband is celebrating his 31st birthday... I have been participating in the 1000 Gifts challenge over at Holy Experience: an exercise in counting your blessings. In honor of Josh and his birthday, my list today will feature specific things that I am thankful for about Josh.
So here we go: I am thankful for:
132. The fact that we're married - it's good to know that you have someone there for you, for better, for worse, and everything in between.
133. His compassion for people in need or who are going through very difficult circumstances.
134. His generosity, and the fact that he would do anything for anyone who needed it and give them the shirt off his back at the same time.
135. His humor - we have a good time together, and he's always making me laugh.
136. The fact that our strengths and weaknesses complement each other - we balance each other out.
137. His love for and commitment to Jesus Christ, and his spiritual leadership.
138. His quirky ability to strike up immediate and random conversations with total strangers at any time. I have literally had waiters ask me how my husband is doing and remember points from previous conversations weeks after they happened, because I happened to be with Josh when he started one of these conversations. Considering I stink at making small talk and mingling with strangers, this comes in very handy.... and it's always entertaining.
139. His hard work and commitment as he's going to PA school - not easy to dive back into being a student after 7 years of being out in the work force, but he's buckling down and doing it...
140. The fact that he is a very disciplined and regimented person - he is good about keeping a regular schedule, working out regularly, managing his time well, etc. I am not so good at those things, so it's nice to have someone around who helps keep me in line in those areas (or at least tries to).
141. Having someone who will keep me accountable, challenge me when my actions or thinking gets out of line, and give me a different perspective on things.
142. The fact that he knows the worst things about me, and loves me anyway.
143. He's pretty cute too. ;o)
Happy Birthday tomorrow, Josh! I love you!
What are you giving thanks for today? Link up with me over at: